- Provide a Solar Statement outlining your community’s solar goals, and commit to tracking key metrics such as number and capacity of installed Photovoltaic (PV) systems.
- Fulfill required actions in both of the Foundational Categories:
- Planning, Zoning, and Development Regulations
- Earn at least 20 points in each of the two Foundational Categories (above).
- Earn a total of 20 points from actions across the six Special Focus Categories: Inspection; Construction Codes; Solar Rights; Utility Engagement; Community Engagement; and Market Development and Finance.
- Fulfill the requirements to become a SolSmart Bronze Community.
- Complete the two Silver-required actions in the Planning, Zoning, and Development Regulations and Inspection categories.
- Earn 100 points overall from actions taken in any combination of categories.
- Fulfill the requirements to become a SolSmart Silver Community.
- Complete the Gold-required action in Permitting.
- Earn 200 points overall from actions taken in any combination of categories.
- Communities that earn 60% of the points in a given category are eligible for Special Recognition Awards.
To read more in-depth about the program, please visit our Program Guide